New York Attorney and Counselor at Law, Realtor – Hungarian Attorney and Tax Advisor
Maria Marai J.D. MBA practiced law in her native Hungary and in Europe for over thirty years. She has negotiated and litigated commercial, real estate, tax, intellectual property and administrative matters during her practice in Europe. In her cases, she applied Hungarian, European Union and USA laws to complex legal matters.
- In 2012, Maria Marai J.D. MBA passed the New York Bar examination and was licensed to practice law in the State of New York. She is a sole practitioner.
- Foreign Lawyers Program at New York Law School (01/2009 – 01/2010);
- Europass Certificate: Tax advisor, Tax Law Course at Hungarian Chamber of Auditors (2003-2007);
- MBA at Oxford Brookes University (2002-2005);
- European Law Course at The British Council (2001-2003);
- Foreign Trade Law Certificate, Eotvos Lorand University School of Law, Budapest, (1987);
- J.D., University of Szeged School of Law (1978, cum laude). She is authorized to use the title of “Doctor Juris” in Hungary.
Maria Marai J.D. MBA speaks Hungarian (native), German and English (superior level), studied French and Russian.
- Hungarian Law of Distributorship (publisher: Baker&McKenzie, 1989);
- Papers presented at the International Bar Association Conferences between 1996-2000 (New Delhi, Berlin, Paris, Cannes, such as Protection of Parties in Sale and Purchase of Real Estates in Hungary (2001);
- Title Insurance in Hungary (2002);
- Judgment Practice in a Franchise Compensation Case (Journal of Economy and Law, November 5, 2003),
- Analysis of an Environmental Reclamation Company (MBA dissertation,
- Lecture – “Establishing and operating companies in the USA” – 2020 Webinar of American Hungarian Chamber of Commerce To learn more about the Webinar read the details here (in Hungarian language).
In 2016, she received the Merit Cross of Hungary for her bono legal services in the founding and subsequent operation of the prestigious American – Hungarian Scientific Society, NY,NY.
- American Hungarian Chamber of Commerce, in 2020, Maria Marai was elected to the member of the Board of Directors as a Commissioner of the American Hungarian Chamber of Commerce, and in 2022 as a Vice President of the American Hungarian Chamber of Commerce.
- Hungarian Bar (1991); The New York State Bar, The New York City Bar (2012);
- The Center for Real Estate Studies and Center for International Law at New York Law School;
- C. G. Jung Foundation for Analytical Psychology, New York City.
- American – Hungarian Scientific Society, NY,NY.