Maria Marai J.D. MBA – New York Attorney and Counselor at Law, Realtor – Hungarian Attorney and Tax Advisor
Maria Marai J.D. MBA practiced law in her native Hungary and in Europe for over thirty years. She has negotiated and litigated commercial, real estate, tax, intellectual property, and administrative matters during her European practice. In her cases, she applied Hungarian, European Union, and USA laws to complex legal matters.
- New York Law School (2009 – 2010, 2 semesters)
- Hungarian Chamber of Auditors (2003-2007); Europass Certificate: Tax advisor Course and Europass Certificate
- MBA at Oxford Brookes University (2002-2005);
- European Law Course at The British Council (2001-2003);
- Eotvos Lorand University School of Law, , Budapest, Foreign Trade Law Certificate, (1987);
- University of Szeged School of Law (1978, cum laude). “Juris Doctor”
Hungarian, native; German, English, superior, Spanish intermediate.
- Hungarian Law of Distributorship (publisher: Baker&McKenzie, 1989)
- Papers presented at the International Bar Association Conferences between 1996-2000 (New Delhi, Berlin, Paris, Cannes, such as Protection of Parties in Real Estates’ Sale and Purchase in Hungary (2001)
- Title Insurance in Hungary (2002)
- Judgment Practice in a Franchise Compensation Case (Journal of Economy and Law, 2003)
- Analysis of an Environmental Reclamation Company (MBA dissertation, 2005)
- New EU Public Procurement Regulation (publisher: International Review of New York Law School, 2013)
- Lecture – “Establishing and operating companies in the USA” – 2020 Webinar of American Hungarian Chamber of Commerce To learn more about the Webinar read the details here (in the Hungarian language).
In 2016, Dr. Marai received the Merit Cross of Hungary for her selfless legal services rendered to the representatives of the American – Hungarian scientific and public life.
- Hungarian Bar Association (1991)
- The New York State Bar, The New York City Bar (2012)
- Piarist Fathers Inc. Executive Ball Committee member in New York since 2016
- New York Hungarian Scientific Society, NY, NY.
- New York American Hungarian Chamber of Commerce, Board Member, Commissioner since 2020, Vice President since 2022.